During flu season it is important to keep your body in the best position possible to be able to fight off viruses. If you are worried about contracting a virus, such as Coronavirus, there are steps that you can take to give your immune system a boost. While you will need to follow medical guidelines, there are fruits and vegetables that you can eat to keep your body as healthy as it can be. We take a look at the top 10 fruits and vegetables to boost your immune system
1.Blueberries Blueberries are high in antioxidants which can help reduce inflammation and can also help fight off free radicals that invade the body under times of stress.
2. Citrus Fruits Citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges, and grapefruits are well-known foods that help in the fight against the common cold. The high level of vitamin C found in citrus fruits aids the production of white blood cells which can help to fight off infections and viruses.
3. Ginger Ginger is another food that can fight inflammation that occurs when a virus attacks. Ginger may also ease nausea and sore throats that one may experience when they are hit by a virus, such as corona.
4. Spinach Spinach is packed full of vitamins and minerals, including iron, which can build up strength when your body is fighting a virus. High levels of beta carotene and vitamin C will also help boost the immune system.
5. Almonds Almonds contain vitamin E which is a fat-soluble vitamin which plays an important role in boosting immunity and is just as important as vitamin C.
6. Turmeric Turmeric is a known remedy for inflammation and thus has been used by those suffering from inflammatory diseases such as arthritis for many years. When suffering from a virus, eating turmeric in food, smoothies, or shots can help limit the amount of inflammation in the body.
7. Kiwi Kiwis are rich in iron and potassium that will play a part in helping your body fight infection and boost white blood cells.
8. Papaya One papaya has a whopping 224 of the recommended amount of vitamin C that can help to fight off cold and virus. They also contain high levels of folate and minerals that will improve your overall wellbeing.
9. Bell peppers One bell pepper has twice the amount of vitamin C as there is in citrus fruit which means they can help to boost your immune system. They also have beta carotene which can help improve your skin when you are dealing with the after effects of having a virus.
10. Broccoli Broccoli is very high in vitamin C, E, and A which are all good for helping the body fight infection when a virus takes hold. You can enjoy all of these foods as part of your every day diet, whether as part of a smoothie, fruit bowl, or salad.
Naturewell Juice Bar understands the importance of your health and wellbeing, which is why we are a brand that you can trust. While we are awesome at creating natural and healthy fruit and vegetable based recipes, we are not health experts.
The information that we share on our blogs is based on our own personal experiences and research carried out by those in the health and wellbeing industry. We refer to the FDA and the USA Department of Health and Human Services for guidelines
Any information, recommendations, suggestions, testimonials, or advice that we offer regarding diet, nutrition, exercise, supplements, and lifestyle should be discussed with your doctor or a qualified health professional. Any changes to your lifestyle may involve taking risks so it is important to understand that the information you receive on our website or in person, and from our product descriptions do not take the place of official medical advice.